- 更多例句： 下一页
- It was fueled by oil in enormous quantities .
- Fission bombs use highly enriched fuel .
- But its fuel is a tricky mixture .
- He killed the engine to conserve fuel .
- The wood must be split up for fuel .
- a substance that can be consumed to produce energy; "more fuel is needed during the winter months"; "they developed alternative fuels for aircraft"
- stimulate; "fuel the debate on creationism"
- take in fuel, as of a ship; "The tanker fueled in Bahrain"
- provide with a combustible substance that provides energy; "fuel aircraft, ships, and cars"
- provide with fuel; "Oil fires the furnace"
Fuel is any material that stores potential energy in a form that can be practicably released and used as heat energy. The concept originally applied solely to those materials storing energy in the form of chemical energy that could be released through combustion, but the concept has since been also applied to other sources of heat energy such as nuclear energy (via nuclear fission or nuclear fusion), as well as releases of chemical energy released through non-combustion oxidation (such as in cellular biology or in fuel cells).