- In arid climates, surface water is generally better than ground water in headwater areas, but poorer downstream .
- It will lengthen as a result of headwater erosion and, thereby, will cut a valley through both hard and soft rock .
- Conclusion : water quality of the headwater is bad
- Study on runoff forecast of baihe river basin in headwater region of the yellow river
- A study of the geological environmental of suprapermafrost water in the headwater area of the yellow river
- the source of a river; "the headwaters of the Nile"