- 更多例句： 下一页
- Lipton gathered his energies, and left the hearth .
- She came and sat in a chair before the hearth .
- A large cat was lying on the hearth and grinning from ear to ear .
- He stammered, and turning his back on her walked toward the hearth .
- He had not come out to the south seas seeking hearth and saddle of his own .
- an open recess in a wall at the base of a chimney where a fire can be built; "the fireplace was so large you could walk inside it"; "he laid a fire in the hearth and lit it"; "the hearth was black with the charcoal of many fires"
同义词：fireplace, open fireplace
- home symbolized as a part of the fireplace; "driven from hearth and home"; "fighting in defense of their firesides"
- an area near a fireplace (usually paved and extending out into a room); "they sat on the hearth and warmed themselves before the fire"
In historic and modern usage, a hearth () is a brick- or stone-lined fireplace, with or without an oven, used for heating and originally also used for cooking food. For centuries, the hearth was such an integral part of a home, usually its central and most important feature, that the concept has been generalized to refer to a homeplace or household, as in the terms "hearth and home" and "keep the home fires burning".