- Municipal reformers also fought hard to obtain home rule and an end to legislative interference in municipal administration .
- Home rule sun rising up in the northwest
- Nonetheless , a home rule bill was finally enacted in 1914
- Demands for irish home rule , by the largely roman catholic majority , had been growing for centuries , with revolts and terrorist outrages occurring regularly
- Sharing threats , some of which resonate even to this day , and which has been revealed later , would bring them face to face with ira men fighting for irish home rule
- self-government in local matters by a city or county that is part of a national government