- As is implied by the name, the most characteristic lesion is hypoplasia of the nasal turbinates .
- Agenesis and hypoplasia of the lung
- Cartilage - hair hypoplasia
- This child died soon after premature birth at 23 weeks gestation from pulmonary hypoplasia as a result of oligohydramnios
- The phenotype is highly variable but is characterized by minor facial anomalies such as midface hypoplasia , " carp - shaped " mouth mental retardation , short stature , hearing impairment , limb abnormalities and even immunodeficiencies
- underdevelopment of an organ because of a decrease in the number of cells