(pl. -ses )
- 更多例句： 下一页
- Recent theological hypothesis was suspect .
- The hypothesis promptly attracted some interest .
- The second hypothesis must overcome a problem .
- The validity of the hypothesis can be tested .
- Fermi's suggestion was more than a verbal hypothesis .
- a tentative insight into the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena; "a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory"; "he proposed a fresh theory of alkalis that later was accepted in chemical practices"
- a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence
同义词：guess, conjecture, supposition, surmise, surmisal, speculation
- a proposal intended to explain certain facts or observations
A hypothesis (plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it.