- 更多例句： 下一页
- The boiling water bubbled furiously in the kettle ...
- The water in the kettle had all boiled away .
- The lard was tried in a big kettle .
- The pot calls the kettle black .
- Mary : hurry up , john ! the kettle is boiling !
- a metal pot for stewing or boiling; usually has a lid
- a large hemispherical brass or copper percussion instrument with a drumhead that can be tuned by adjusting the tension on it
同义词：kettledrum, tympanum, tympani, timpani
- (geology) a hollow (typically filled by a lake) that results from the melting of a mass of ice trapped in glacial deposits
- the quantity a kettle will hold
A kettle, sometimes called a tea kettle or teakettle, is a type of pot, typically metal, specialized for boiling water over a heat source, with a lid, spout and handle, or a small kitchen appliance of similar shape that functions in a self-contained manner. Kettles can be heated either by placing on a stove, or by their own internal electric heating element in the appliance versions.