(more; most) (opp. few; cf. much) 许多的，多数的，很多的，多。 ★ 1. 在口语中，尤其是在英国口语中，除用作肯定句的主词或接用于 too, so, as, how 之后以外，带有否定、疑问、条件意义：M- people think so. Did you see many people？ 2. 在其他肯定句中常作 a lot of, a (large) number of, a great [good] many 等+更多解释...
- 更多例句： 下一页
- They had learned to give up many things .
- Many lives have been saved by surgery .
- She practised as a solicitor for many years .
- There have been no transport for many weeks .
- Many people seemed disturbed recently .
- a quantifier that can be used with count nouns and is often preceded by `as'' or `too'' or `so'' or `that''; amounting to a large but indefinite number; "many temptations"; "the temptations are many"; "a good many"; "a great many"; "many directions"; "take as many apples as you like"; "too many clouds to see"; "never saw so many people"