(一根)火柴；〔古语〕(从前大炮发火用的)火绳，导火线。 light [strike] a match 擦火柴。 a safety match 安全火柴。 a lucifer match 黄磷火柴。n.
- 更多例句： 下一页
- The smell was like that of burned matches .
- Her brother had found his match .
- These two gloves do n't match [are n't a pair] .
- I could n't care less who wins the match .
- A vast crowd turned out to watch the match .
- lighter consisting of a thin piece of wood or cardboard tipped with combustible chemical; ignites with friction; "he always carries matches to light his pipe"; "as long you''ve a lucifer to light your fag"
同义词：lucifer, friction match
- an exact duplicate; "when a match is found an entry is made in the notebook"
- a burning piece of wood or cardboard; "if you drop a match in there the whole place will explode"
- something that resembles or harmonizes with; "that tie makes a good match with your jacket"
- a formal contest in which two or more persons or teams compete
- a pair of people who live together; "a married couple from Chicago"
- a person who is of equal standing with another in a group
同义词：peer, equal, compeer
- a person regarded as a good matrimonial prospect
- the score needed to win a match
- make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching; "let''s equalize the duties among all employees in this office"; "The company matched the discount policy of its competitors"
同义词：equal, equalize, equalise, equate
- be equal or harmonize; "The two pieces match"
- make correspond or harmonize; "Match my sweater"
- set into opposition or rivalry; "let them match their best athletes against ours"; "pit a chess player against the Russian champion"; "He plays his two children off against each other"
同义词：pit, oppose, play off
- bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
同义词：mate, couple, pair, twin
- give or join in marriage
- provide funds complementary to; "The company matched the employees'' contributions"
- satisfy or fulfill; "meet a need"; "this job doesn''t match my dreams"
同义词：meet, cope with
- be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don''t agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect''s fingerprints don''t match those on the gun"
同义词：fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
- be equal to in quality or ability; "Nothing can rival cotton for durability"; "Your performance doesn''t even touch that of your colleagues"; "Her persistence and ambition only matches that of her parents"
同义词：equal, touch, rival