- The gametophyte is derived from the product of a reduction division in the megaspore mother cell .
- They are formed by meiosis of somatic pollen mother cells
- The haploid pollen cells develop in the tapetal zone from spore mother cells
- Of the four products of a megaspore mother cell , three usually abort
- Observation on the meiotic behaviour of pollen mother cells of two citrus cultivars
- cell from which another cell of an organism (usually of a different sort) develops; "a sperm cell develops from a sperm mother cell"