1.〔常 pl.〕 【植物；植物学】燕麦，雀麦。 ★ oats 是马的饲料，人吃的叫 oatmeal.
2.〔常作 pl., 用作单或复〕燕麦田；燕麦种子。
3.〔常作 pl., 用作单〕＝oatmeal.
- 更多例句： 下一页
- He sowed all his wild oats before he married .
- Oats have been notorious for disease problems .
- He has been a bit off his oats since his illness .
- The farmers here grow wheat, oats and clover .
- Wheat and oats are of the same family , but of different genera .
- seed of the annual grass Avena sativa (spoken of primarily in the plural as `oats'')
- annual grass of Europe and North Africa; grains used as food and fodder (referred to primarily in the plural: `oats'')
The common oat (Avena sativa) is a species of cereal grain grown for its seed, which is known by the same name (usually in the plural, unlike other grains). While oats are suitable for human consumption as oatmeal and rolled oats, one of the most common uses is as livestock feed.