- 更多例句： 下一页
- If we put the salt water under pressure, we achieve reverse osmosis .
- The membrane process is usually accomplished by either electrodialysis or reverse osmosis .
- The environmental engineer does not have much opportunity to apply the principle of osmosis .
- Principal application of reverse osmosis has been in desalting brackish waters for domestic consumption .
- In one study, the reverse osmosis process removed only 10% of the total boron in a wastewater .
- (biology, chemistry) diffusion of molecules through a semipermeable membrane from a place of higher concentration to a place of lower concentration until the concentration on both sides is equal
Osmosis is the net movement of solvent molecules through a partially permeable membrane into a region of higher solute concentration, in order to equalize the solute concentrations on the two sides.Osmosis, Encyclop?dia Britannica on-line It may also be used to describe a physical process in which any solvent moves, without input of energy, across a semipermeable membrane (permeable to the solvent, but not the solute) separating two solutions of different concentrations.