- 更多例句： 下一页
- She paints with bold strokes of the brush .
- The piping outside the house needs painting .
- He shows a great aptitude in painting .
- The interiors were plastered but not painted .
- This painting is a typical rembrandt .
- a substance used as a coating to protect or decorate a surface (especially a mixture of pigment suspended in a liquid); dries to form a hard coating; "artists use `paint'' and `pigment'' interchangeably"
- makeup consisting of a pink or red powder applied to the cheeks
- (basketball) a space (including the foul line) in front of the basket at each end of a basketball court; usually painted a different color from the rest of the court; "he hit a jump shot from the top of the key"; "he dominates play in the paint"
- apply paint to; coat with paint; "We painted the rooms yellow"
- apply a liquid to; e.g., paint the gutters with linseed oil
- make a painting of; "He painted his mistress many times"
- make a painting; "he painted all day in the garden"; "He painted a painting of the garden"
Paint is any liquid, liquefiable, or mastic composition which, after application to a substrate in a thin layer, is converted to a solid film. It is most commonly used to protect, color or provide texture to objects.