- The bubble phase is essentially solid-free .
- These two sinusoids are nearly out of phase .
- All rays leaving the laser are in phase .
- The old currency will have been phased out by 1990 .
- It assumes some phase of flowing .
- (astronomy) the particular appearance of a body''s state of illumination (especially one of the recurring shapes of the part of Earth''s moon that is illuminated by the sun); "the full phase of the moon"
- (physical chemistry) a distinct state of matter in a system; matter that is identical in chemical composition and physical state and separated from other material by the phase boundary; "the reaction occurs in the liquid phase of the system"
- a particular point in the time of a cycle; measured from some arbitrary zero and expressed as an angle
- any distinct time period in a sequence of events; "we are in a transitional stage in which many former ideas must be revised or rejected"
- adjust so as to be in a synchronized condition; "he phased the intake with the output of the machine"
- arrange in phases or stages; "phase a withdrawal"