- Let 's dunk in the pool before dinner .
- Some cattle were drinking at the pool .
- His swimming pool was nothing but a mudhole .
- A pool of mercury surrounds the negative electrode .
- The swimming pool project has since been dropped ...
- any of various games played on a pool table having 6 pockets
- an excavation that is (usually) filled with water
- an association of companies for some definite purpose
- an organization of people or resources that can be shared; "a car pool"; "a secretarial pool"; "when he was first hired he was assigned to the pool"
- something resembling a pool of liquid; "he stood in a pool of light"; "his chair sat in a puddle of books and magazines"
- a small lake; "the pond was too small for sailing"
- a small body of standing water (rainwater) or other liquid; "there were puddles of muddy water in the road after the rain"; "the body lay in a pool of blood"
- the combined stakes of the betters
- any communal combination of funds; "everyone contributed to the pool"
- join or form a pool of people
- combine into a common fund; "We pooled resources"