1.穷，贫穷的 (opp. rich, wealthy)。
- 更多例句： 下一页
- The poor student was plucked in his examination ...
- I love her all the more because she is poor .
- You poor man. you've got a splendid color .
- The transparency of the powders is poor .
- My intentions are only not to be poor .
- having little money or few possessions; "deplored the gap between rich and poor countries"; "the proverbial poor artist living in a garret"
- lacking in specific resources, qualities or substances; "a poor land"; "the area was poor in timber and coal"; "food poor in nutritive value"
- characterized by or indicating poverty; "the country had a poor economy"; "they lived in the poor section of town"
- deserving or inciting pity; "a hapless victim"; "miserable victims of war"; "the shabby room struck her as extraordinarily pathetic"- Galsworthy; "piteous appeals for help"; "pitiable homeless children"; "a pitiful fate"; "Oh, you poor thing"; "his poor distorted limbs"; "a wretched life"
同义词：hapless, miserable, misfortunate, pathetic, piteous, pitiable, pitiful, wretched
- unsatisfactory; "a poor light for reading"; "poor morale"; "expectations were poor"
- not sufficient to meet a need; "an inadequate income"; "a poor salary"; "money is short"; "on short rations"; "food is in short supply"; "short on experience"
- people without possessions or wealth (considered as a group); "the urban poor need assistance"
Poor is an adjective related to a state of poverty, low quality or pity.