- transient population, vagrant population: 流动人口
- a burgeoning population: 迅速增长的人口
- a permanent population: 有定居的居民
- 更多例句： 下一页
- War and disease had thinned the population .
- The population gravitates towards the town .
- The country needs an educated population .
- Famine and war have thinned the population .
- The earthworm population had declined by 70% .
- the act of populating (causing to live in a place); "he deplored the population of colonies with convicted criminals"
- (statistics) the entire aggregation of items from which samples can be drawn; "it is an estimate of the mean of the population"
- a group of organisms of the same species inhabiting a given area; "they hired hunters to keep down the deer population"
- the people who inhabit a territory or state; "the population seemed to be well fed and clothed"
- the number of inhabitants (either the total number or the number of a particular race or class) in a given place (country or city etc.); "people come and go, but the population of this town has remained approximately constant for the past decade"; "the African-American population of Salt Lake City has been increasing"
A population is all the organisms of the same group or species who live in the same geographical area and are capable of interbreeding. In ecology the population of a certain species in a certain area is estimated using the Lincoln Index.