- You need more protein to build you up .
- Diphtheria antitoxin is a foreign protein .
- Groats protein contents range up to 19% .
- The cement appears to be a liquid protein .
- The synaptonemal complex is protein in nature .
- any of a large group of nitrogenous organic compounds that are essential constituents of living cells; consist of polymers of amino acids; essential in the diet of animals for growth and for repair of tissues; can be obtained from meat and eggs and milk and legumes; "a diet high in protein"
Proteins ( or ) are large biological molecules consisting of one or more chains of amino acids. Proteins perform a vast array of functions within living organisms, including catalyzing metabolic reactions, replicating DNA, responding to stimuli, and transporting molecules from one location to another.