- The pulsations in the rectified current can be reduced by using a capacitor .
- At low frequencies , such as 10 per sec. , pulsation is sensed rather than vibration .
- With technical guidance from professionals, they operate in shifts round the clock to keep tabs on the earth's pulsation .
- The thermal damping is maximum for frequencies corresponding to pulsations that are somewhere between isothermal and adiabatic .
- No sooner was this expedient adopted, than the young man ascertained how desperate had been his own efforts, by the violence of the pulsations in his frame .
- the rhythmic contraction and expansion of the arteries with each beat of the heart; "he could feel the beat of her heart"
同义词：pulse, heartbeat, beat
- (electronics) a sharp transient wave in the normal electrical state (or a series of such transients); "the pulsations seemed to be coming from a star"
同义词：pulsing, pulse, impulse
- a periodically recurring phenomenon that alternately increases and decreases some quantity