1.四分之一。 ★3/4通常不说 three-fourths 而说 three quarters.
2. 一刻钟，十五分钟；一季〔四季结账期之一〕；每三个月的付款；〔主 Scot.〕一学期〔一年分四学期〕；【天文学】弦〔月球公转期的四分之一〕；【音乐】四分音符。
- 更多例句： 下一页
- The rent is due at the end of each quarter .
- In 1832, supply was taken for five quarters .
- Three quarters of the record consists of music .
- I had the news from a good quarter .
- It replaces the former quarter sessions .
- clemency or mercy shown to a defeated opponent; "he surrendered but asked for quarter"
- piece of leather that comprises the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp
- the rear part of a ship
同义词：stern, after part, poop, tail
- a district of a city having some distinguishing character; "the Latin Quarter"
- an unspecified person; "he dropped a word in the right quarter"
- a United States or Canadian coin worth one fourth of a dollar; "he fed four quarters into the slot machine"
- a quarter of a hundredweight (28 pounds)
- a quarter of a hundredweight (25 pounds)
- one of four equal parts; "a quarter of a pound"
同义词：one-fourth, fourth, one-quarter, fourth part, twenty-five percent, quartern
- one of the four major division of the compass; "the wind is coming from that quarter"
- a fourth part of a year; three months; "unemployment fell during the last quarter"
- one of four periods into which the school year is divided; "the fall quarter ends at Christmas"
- a unit of time equal to 15 minutes or a quarter of an hour; "it''s a quarter til 4"; "a quarter after 4 o''clock"
- (football, professional basketball) one of four divisions into which some games are divided; "both teams scored in the first quarter"
- divide by four; divide into quarters
- divide into quarters; "quarter an apple"
- pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him; "in the old days, people were drawn and quartered for certain crimes"
同义词：draw, draw and quarter
- provide housing for (military personnel)