2.雨天；〔the rains〕(热带地方的)雨季；〔the rains〕大西洋北纬4-10度的多雨地带。
- 更多例句： 下一页
- I shall still go , notwithstanding the rain .
- Shut the window for fear that it may rain .
- Suppose it rained , we would still go .
- It 's damp and cold , i think it 's going to rain .
- In case it should rain , do n't expect me .
- anything happening rapidly or in quick successive; "a rain of bullets"; "a pelting of insults"
- water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere
- drops of fresh water that fall as precipitation from clouds
- precipitate as rain; "If it rains much more, we can expect some flooding"
Rain is liquid water in the form of droplets that have condensed from atmospheric water vapor and then precipitated?that is, become heavy enough to fall under gravity. Rain is a major component of the water cycle and is responsible for depositing most of the fresh water on the Earth.