- The anchor man in a relay team runs last .
- He relayed president reagan's conviction .
- The instructions would be relayed correctly .
- The pop festival was relayed all round the world .
- Eisenhower relayed this decision to stalin directly on march 28 .
- the act of passing something along from one person or group to another; "the relay was successful"
- electrical device such that current flowing through it in one circuit can switch on and off a current in a second circuit
- a race between teams; each member runs or swims part of the distance
- a fresh team to relieve weary draft animals
- a crew of workers who relieve another crew
- pass along; "Please relay the news to the villagers"
- control or operate by relay
A relay is an electrically operated switch. Many relays use an electromagnet to operate a switching mechanism mechanically, but other operating principles are also used.