- The knee jerk is a typical respondent .
- In the survey the scale was not presented directly to the respondent .
- Three product packages were offered in the research and respondents asked a series of questions .
- It was noted that the f scale elicits in the respondent the tendency to agree with the items regardless of content .
- Multivariate statistical techniques provide a means of identifying patterns of use of bank services that can be associated with certain respondent characteristics .
- someone who responds
- the codefendant (especially in a divorce proceeding) who is accused of adultery with the corespondent
- replying; "an answering glance"; "an answering smile"
A respondent is a person who is called upon to issue a response to a communication made by another. In legal usage, this specifically refers to the defendant in a legal proceeding commenced by a petition, or to an appellee, or the opposing party, in an appeal of a decision by an initial fact-finder.