(pl. roes, 〔集合词〕 roe) 【动物；动物学】牝?鹿，狍(＝roe deer)。n.
(鱼类、甲壳类、两栖类的)卵，卵块。 hard roe 卵。 soft roe (雄)鱼精。
- 更多例句： 下一页
- I'll scramble some eggs with roe ?
- Such guards also protect against fraying by roe deer .
- Guidelines for reducing roe deer numbers to tolerable levels in woodland are summarized in british forestry commission leaflet .
- Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins
- We will serve smoked cod ' s roe at the dinner
- the eggs or egg-laden ovary of a fish
- the egg mass or spawn of certain crustaceans such as the lobster
- eggs of female fish
- fish eggs or egg-filled ovary; having a grainy texture
Roe or hard roe is the fully ripe internal egg masses in the ovaries, or the released external egg masses of fish and certain marine animals, such as shrimp, scallop and sea urchins. As a seafood, roe is used both as a cooked ingredient in many dishes and as a raw ingredient.