- I was very sad indeed to hear about it .
- It might have been a very sad accident .
- She was badly upset by the sad news .
- The divorce left him a sadder but a wiser man .
- Separation from his friends made him sad .
- experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness; "feeling sad because his dog had died"; "Better by far that you should forget and smile / Than that you should remember and be sad"- Christina Rossetti
- bad; unfortunate; "my finances were in a deplorable state"; "a lamentable decision"; "her clothes were in sad shape"; "a sorry state of affairs"
同义词：deplorable, distressing, lamentable, pitiful, sorry
- of things that make you feel sad; "sad news"; "she doesn''t like sad movies"; "it was a very sad story"; "When I am dead, my dearest, / Sing no sad songs for me"- Christina Rossetti
The word sad refers to an emotional condition.