- adrien sawyer: 安德里安索耶
- amos sawyer: 阿莫斯索耶
- conifer sawyer: 松大天牛
- Mrs. sawyer stays at home every day .
- Mrs. sawyer usually stays at home in the morning .
- Sure enough, there was tom sawyer waiting for me .
- In the afternoon , mrs. sawyer usually drinks tea in the living room .
- Nobody could spread himself like tom sawyer in such a thing as that .
- any of several beetles whose larvae bore holes in dead or dying trees especially conifers
- one who is employed to saw wood
Sawyer is an occupational term referring to someone who saws wood, particularly using a pit sawOxford English Dictionary either in a saw pit or with the log on trestles above ground or operates a sawmill. One such job was the now-archaic occupation of someone who cut lumber to length for the consumer market, a task now done by end users or at lumber and home improvement stores.