- He gave a hard pull on the starter rope .
- What would you like as a starter ?
- The principal methods of avoiding spoilage are the use of pure yeast strains as starters .
- He listened to the starter retching and retching, the racing of the engine, and then the slow decline to silence .
- Have you thought about a starter course in eiementary crayons
- a culture containing yeast or bacteria that is used to start the process of fermentation or souring in making butter or cheese or dough; "to make sourdough you need a starter"
- a hand tool consisting of a rotating shaft with parallel handle
- an electric motor for starting an engine
同义词：starter motor, starting motor
- food or drink to stimulate the appetite (usually served before a meal or as the first course)
- any new participant in some activity
同义词：newcomer, fledgling, fledgeling, neophyte, freshman, newbie, entrant
- the official who signals the beginning of a race or competition
- a contestant in a team sport who is in the game at the beginning