- Stock dyeing is used more often than before .
- Have you any grey pullovers in stock ?
- The store keeps a large stock of goods for winter sale .
- The store keeps a large stock of shoes .
- My bank deals in stocks and shares now .
- repeated too often; overfamiliar through overuse; "bromidic sermons"; "his remarks were trite and commonplace"; "hackneyed phrases"; "a stock answer"; "repeating threadbare jokes"; "parroting some timeworn axiom"; "the trite metaphor `hard as nails''"
同义词：banal, commonplace, hackneyed, old-hat, shopworn, threadbare, timeworn, tired, trite, well-worn
- regularly and widely used or sold; "a standard size"; "a stock item"
- routine; "a stock answer"
- put forth and grow sprouts or shoots; "the plant sprouted early this year"
- have on hand; "Do you carry kerosene heaters?"
- provide or furnish with a stock of something; "stock the larder with meat"
- amass so as to keep for future use or sale or for a particular occasion or use; "let''s stock coffee as long as prices are low"
同义词：buy in, stock up
- supply with livestock; "stock a farm"
- supply with fish; "stock a lake"
- equip with a stock; "stock a rifle"
- any animals kept for use or profit
同义词：livestock, farm animal
- an ornamental white cravat
- the merchandise that a shop has on hand; "they carried a vast inventory of hardware"; "they stopped selling in exact sizes in order to reduce inventory"
- the handle end of some implements or tools; "he grabbed the cue by the stock"
- the handle of a handgun or the butt end of a rifle or shotgun or part of the support of a machine gun or artillery gun; "the rifle had been fitted with a special stock"
- lumber used in the construction of something; "they will cut round stock to 1-inch diameter"
- liquid in which meat and vegetables are simmered; used as a basis for e.g. soups or sauces; "she made gravy with a base of beef stock"
- a special variety of domesticated animals within a species; "he experimented on a particular breed of white rats"; "he created a new strain of sheep"
- the descendants of one individual; "his entire lineage has been warriors"
同义词：lineage, line, line of descent, descent, bloodline, blood line, blood, pedigree, ancestry, origin, parentage, stemma
- any of various ornamental flowering plants of the genus Malcolmia
- any of several Old World plants cultivated for their brightly colored flowers
- a plant or stem onto which a graft is made; especially a plant grown specifically to provide the root part of grafted plants
- persistent thickened stem of a herbaceous perennial plant
- the capital raised by a corporation through the issue of shares entitling holders to an ownership interest (equity); "he owns a controlling share of the company''s stock"
- a supply of something available for future use; "he brought back a large store of Cuban cigars"
- a certificate documenting the shareholder''s ownership in the corporation; "the value of his stocks doubled during the past year"
- the reputation and popularity a person has; "his stock was so high he could have been elected mayor"
The capital stock (or stock) of an incorporated business constitutes the equity stake of its owners. It represents the residual assets of the company that would be due to stockholders after discharge of all senior claims such as secured and unsecured debt.