- During fabrication slots for the stringers flanges were flame cut into box girders .
- Stringer webs have cracked in suspension bridges at the stringer-floor beam connections .
- The initial retrofit consisted of removing the gaps between the stringer flange and floor beam by providing shims .
- Alma and miss stringer
- Backsurge tool stringer
- a long horizontal timber to connect uprights
- brace consisting of a longitudinal member to strengthen a fuselage or hull
- a worker who strings; "a stringer of beads"
- a member of a squad on a team; "a first stringer"; "a second stringer"