- Other agents can cause similar syndromes .
- Cogan's syndrome consists of an interstitial keratitis .
- Muhammad ali is up against parkinson's syndrome .
- They have pointed out the similarities of the sprue syndromes in man and tge .
- There is no cure for the disease acquired immune deficiency syndrome or aids .
- a complex of concurrent things; "every word has a syndrome of meanings"
- a pattern of symptoms indicative of some disease
In medicine and psychology, a syndrome is the association of several clinically recognizable features, signs (observed by someone other than the patient), symptoms (reported by the patient), phenomena or characteristics that often occur together, so that the presence of one or more features alerts the healthcare provider to the possible presence of the others. In recent decades, the term has been used outside medicine to refer to a combination of phenomena seen in association.