- His arms were tied together behind his back .
- It is awful to be tied down like this .
- The tie on the cystic duct may slip off .
- This tie does not match with your suit .
- The ship stopped and was safely tied up .
- a fastener that serves to join or connect; "the walls are held together with metal links placed in the wet mortar during construction"
同义词：link, linkup, tie-in
- neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front; "he stood in front of the mirror tightening his necktie"; "he wore a vest and tie"
- a cord (or string or ribbon or wire etc.) with which something is tied; "he needed a tie for the packages"
- a horizontal beam used to prevent two other structural members from spreading apart or separating; "he nailed the rafters together with a tie beam"
- one of the cross braces that support the rails on a railway track; "the British call a railroad tie a sleeper"
同义词：railroad tie, crosstie, sleeper
- (music) a slur over two notes of the same pitch; indicates that the note is to be sustained for their combined time value
- the finish of a contest in which the score is tied and the winner is undecided; "the game ended in a draw"; "their record was 3 wins, 6 losses and a tie"
- a social or business relationship; "a valuable financial affiliation"; "he was sorry he had to sever his ties with other members of the team"; "many close associations with England"
同义词：affiliation, association, tie-up
- equality of score in a contest
- form a knot or bow in; "tie a necktie"
- limit or restrict to; "I am tied to UNIX"; "These big jets are tied to large airports"
- finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc.; "The teams drew a tie"
- fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord; "They tied their victim to the chair"
- connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces; "Can you connect the two loudspeakers?"; "Tie the ropes together"; "Link arms"
同义词：connect, link, link up
- unite musical notes by a tie
- make by tying pieces together; "The fishermen tied their flies"
- perform a marriage ceremony; "The minister married us on Saturday"; "We were wed the following week"; "The couple got spliced on Hawaii"
同义词：marry, wed, splice
- create social or emotional ties; "The grandparents want to bond with the child"
同义词：bind, attach, bond
TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs) is a global nonprofit dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship. TiE has 57 chapters in 14 countries, with a total membership exceeding 13,000.