2.时候，时刻；期间；时节，季节；〔常pl.〕时期，年代，时代； 〔the time 〕 当代，现代。
- 更多例句： 下一页
- For a long time his fate was in the balance .
- Would you kindly make an exception for us this time ?
- I must keep to myself, at least for some time .
- Time zipped by and the year was soon over .
- A name could be removed at any time .
- the continuum of experience in which events pass from the future through the present to the past
- rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
- a person''s experience on a particular occasion; "he had a time holding back the tears"; "they had a good time together"
- an instance or single occasion for some event; "this time he succeeded"; "he called four times"; "he could do ten at a clip"
- an indefinite period (usually marked by specific attributes or activities); "he waited a long time"; "the time of year for planting"; "he was a great actor in his time"
- a reading of a point in time as given by a clock; "do you know what time it is?"; "the time is 10 o''clock"
- the fourth coordinate that is required (along with three spatial dimensions) to specify a physical event
- the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned; "he served a prison term of 15 months"; "his sentence was 5 to 10 years"; "he is doing time in the county jail"
同义词：prison term, sentence
- a suitable moment; "it is time to go"
- a period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something; "take time to smell the roses"; "I didn''t have time to finish"; "it took more than half my time"
- adjust so that a force is applied and an action occurs at the desired time; "The good player times his swing so as to hit the ball squarely"
- regulate or set the time of; "time the clock"
- measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time; "he clocked the runners"
- assign a time for an activity or event; "The candidate carefully timed his appearance at the disaster scene"
- set the speed, duration, or execution of; "we time the process to manufacture our cars very precisely"