(pl. vacuums, vac-ua )
2.〔美口〕吸尘器(＝ vacuum cleaner)。
- 更多例句： 下一页
- The mixture is then distilled in vacua .
- No vacuum or picture tubes were broken .
- The whole apparatus operates under high vacuum .
- The vacuum valve opens to admit air .
- Into the vacuum came the new york conservative party .
- an electrical home appliance that cleans by suction
- a region that is devoid of matter
- an empty area or space; "the huge desert voids"; "the emptiness of outer space"; "without their support he''ll be ruling in a vacuum"
同义词：void, vacancy, emptiness
- the absence of matter
Vacuum is space that is empty of matter. The word stems from the Latin adjective vacuus for "empty" or "void".