【语法】动词。 strong [weak] verbs 强[弱]变化动词。 substantive [copulative] verbs 存在[连系]动词。
- 更多例句： 下一页
- In english, the verb inflects by endings .
- " tell " is the most generally used verb .
- The verb must be in the present perfect tense
- The verb is what counts in a sentence .
- They may simply modify the verb .
- the word class that serves as the predicate of a sentence
- a content word that denotes an action, occurrence, or state of existence
A verb, from the Latin verbum meaning word, is a word (part of speech) that in syntax conveys an action (bring, read, walk, run, learn), an occurrence (happen, become), or a state of being (be, exist, stand). In the usual description of English, the basic form, with or without the particle to, is the infinitive.