- at war: 在交战状态中
- at war with: 于……交战; 与……交战; 作战
- be at war: 处于交战状态, 进行竞争
- She showed great courage during the war .
- In this war there is an idiocy without bounds .
- The people don't fight wars for sport .
- He was held prisoner throughout the war .
- The europeans produced mainly war planes .
- a concerted campaign to end something that is injurious; "the war on poverty"; "the war against crime"
- the waging of armed conflict against an enemy; "thousands of people were killed in the war"
- an active struggle between competing entities; "a price war"; "a war of wits"; "diplomatic warfare"
- a legal state created by a declaration of war and ended by official declaration during which the international rules of war apply; "war was declared in November but actual fighting did not begin until the following spring"
同义词：state of war
- make or wage war
War is an organized and often prolonged conflict that is carried out by states and/or non-state actors. It is characterised by extreme violence, social disruption, human suffering, and economic destruction.