- 更多例句： 下一页
- Whistles began to shrill outside the barn .
- He gave a loud whistle of surprise .
- His whistle faded out and he felt uneasy .
- The bullets whistled past his ears .
- He whistled to his friend to keep hidden .
- an inexpensive fipple flute
同义词：pennywhistle, tin whistle
- acoustic device that forces air or steam against an edge or into a cavity and so produces a loud shrill sound
- a small wind instrument that produces a whistling sound by blowing into it
- the act of signalling (e.g., summoning) by whistling or blowing a whistle; "the whistle signalled the end of the game"
- the sound made by something moving rapidly or by steam coming out of a small aperture
- utter or express by whistling; "She whistled a melody"
- give a signal by whistling; "She whistled for her maid"
- make a whining, ringing, or whistling sound; "the kettle was singing"; "the bullet sang past his ear"
- move with, or as with, a whistling sound; "The bullets whistled past him"
- move, send, or bring as if by whistling; "Her optimism whistled away these worries"
- make whistling sounds; "He lay there, snoring and whistling"