音标：[ mə'tjuə ] 发音:用"mature"造句"mature"怎么读
- She had matured into an exquisite woman .
- The spirit is allowed to mature in oakwood .
- The barley has less straw, and it matures earlier .
- The season developed and matured .
- Mould a child into a mature adult .
- Time wore on, and spring matured .
- The plan had been matured by deerslayer .
- He had matured in a different atmosphere .
- She was placid and puffy and mature .
- She longed for companionship that was more mature .
- (of birds) having developed feathers or plumage; often used in combination
- having reached full natural growth or development; "a mature cell"
- characteristic of maturity; "mature for her age"
- fully developed or matured and ready to be eaten or used; "ripe peaches"; "full-bodied mature wines"
- fully considered and perfected; "mature plans"
- cause to ripen and discharge pus; "The oil suppurates the pustules"
- grow old or older; "She aged gracefully"; "we age every day--what a depressing thought!"; "Young men senesce"
同义词：senesce, age, get on, maturate,
- cause to ripen or develop fully; "The sun ripens the fruit"; "Age matures a good wine"
- develop and reach maturity; undergo maturation; "He matured fast"; "The child grew fast"
- become due for repayment; "These bonds mature in 2005"
- develop and work out fully in one''s mind; "I need to mature my thoughts"