音标：[ 'metl ] 发音:
用"metal"造句"metal"怎么读"metal" in a sentence"metal"的同义词
过去式: metaled 过去分词: metaled 名词复数: metals 现在分词: metaling
- This process produces corrosion of metals .
- An oven thermometer uses a metal strip .
- Electrons in a metal come out of the surface .
- Cadmium is a good metal for this purpose .
- Overheated metals may cast badly .
- Metal sleeves fastened around their stems .
- This makes a three-ply metal .
- Another effect of coldness appears in metal .
- Metal type has been replaced by photocomposition .
- Lead is one of the softer metals .
- containing or made of or resembling or characteristic of a metal; "a metallic compound"; "metallic luster"; "the strange metallic note of the meadow lark, suggesting the clash of vibrant blades"- Ambrose Bierce
- cover with metal
- a mixture containing two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic elements usually fused together or dissolving into each other when molten; "brass is an alloy of zinc and copper"
- any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
A metal (from Greek "μ?ταλλον" ? métallon, "mine, quarry, metal"μ?ταλλον Henry George Liddell, Robert Scott, A Greek-English Lexicon, on Perseus Digital Librarymetal, on Oxford Dictionaries) is an element, compound, or alloy that is a good conductor of both electricity and heat. Metals are usually shiny, malleable and ductile.