音标：[ 'mɔnjumənt ] 发音:
- Make it the one monument of your existence .
- I saw the monument that marks the spot .
- They set up a bronze monument to his memory .
- The monument was fronted with stone .
- The monument towers aloft on the square .
- I know what i want my own monument to be .
- It will seem rather a monument of artificiality .
- His work as a whole, however, is a monument in algebra .
- It rose as a monument to human ingenuity immovably firm .
- The monuments of men's ancestors were the most impressive exhortations .
- monumentとは意味：monument n. 記念碑, 石碑, 記念物. 【動詞＋】 ◆build a monument 記念碑を建てる ◆dedicate a monument to the memory of… …の追憶に記念碑を献じる a monument dedicated to the victims of the aircraft disaster その航空機事故の犠牲者にささげられた記念碑 ◆a mon...
A monument is a type of structure either explicitly created to commemorate a person or important event or which has become important to a social group as a part of their remembrance of historic times or cultural heritage, or simply as an example of historic architecture. In English the word "monumental" is often used in reference to something of extraordinary size and power, as in monumental sculpture, but also to mean simply anything made to commemorate the dead, as a funerary monument or other example of funerary art.