- These were replaced by 117 series EMUs by the end of 1980.
- Each railway's use of their 117 series trains is explained below.
- From October 2006, midday operation between Lgaki and Maibara made up the majority of the 117 series'use by JR Central.
- Again in 2001, 117 series cars were replaced by 221 series units on " Miyako " rapid service on the Nara Line.
- In March 2001, the 117 series trains assigned to Miyahara Depot were removed from the Nara Line's " Miyakoji " rapid service.
- It's difficult to find 117 series in a sentence. 用117 series造句挺难的
- 117 series cars retained in special rapid service were used only in early morning and late night runs because of their 115 km / h limit and door configuration.
- The 117 series addressed these issues, matched the passenger accommodation offered by competing services and provided JNR with a train designed for the transit conditions in the Keihanshin region.
- The remaining 117 series sets operated by JR Central were withdrawn from regular services by spring 2013, with the exception of the Joyful Train " Train117 " trainset.
- With the appearance of the 223 series in the May 11, 1999, timetable, capable of operating at between Kusatsu, 117 series trains were withdrawn from special rapid service.
- The main character in the OSS 117 series is a secret agent of the Office of Strategic Services, Hubert Bonisseur de La Bath, also known by his code name OSS 117.
- In 2000, due to use of the newer 221 series, some 117 series trains were withdrawn from " Tambaji " rapid service on the Fukuchiyama Line and reassigned to Hineno Depot for operation on the Wakayama Line.
- However, instead of taking the genre seriously, the film parodies the original Andr?Hunebelle OSS 117 series and other conventional spy and Eurospy films such as " Se Tutte le Donne del Mondo " with its sequence on top of the Harper " and the set furniture inspired by Dean Martin's Matt Helm films.