- Many sugar refineries today buy high pol sugar and can do without the affination process.
- It is first mixed with heavy syrup and then centrifuged in a process called " affination ".
- Here it is reheated to crystallize and recover the sucrose it contains and that is returned to the affination stage.
- Additional sugar is recovered by blending the remaining syrup with the washings from affination and again crystallizing to produce brown sugar.
- After the first washing ( often termed affination ) the " washed off " molasses combines with the sucrose syrup to generate refiners return syrup, which is generally re-used several times until deemed spent.
- It's difficult to find affination in a sentence. 用affination造句挺难的
- Further adding to its efficiency, company officials say, U . S . Sugar has removed three steps that take place in a typical refinery : affination, which strips molasses from sugar crystals; clarification, which removes organic matter from liquid sugar; and remelting, which extracts sucrose from molasses.