- Bacteria can have one ( alr gene ) or two alanine racemase genes.
- The traditional mechanism attributed to an alanine racemase reaction is that of a two-base mechanism with a PLP-stabilized carbanion intermediate.
- Bacterial species with two genes for alanine racemase have one that is continually expressed and one that is inducible, which makes it difficult to target both genes for drug studies.
- Seven proteins have been identified in washed exosporium : alanine racemase, inosine hydrolase, ExsF, CotY, ExsY, CotB, and a novel protein, ExsK . CotY, ExsY and CotB are homologues of Bacillus subtilis outer spore coat proteins, but ExsF and ExsK are specific to B . anthracis and other members of the Bacillus cereus group.
- It's difficult to find alanine racemase in a sentence. 用alanine racemase造句挺难的