- The designation TW Piscis Austrini is astronomical nomenclature for a variable star.
- Kavelaars, an astronomer at McMaster University, suggested this name to help astronomical nomenclature to get out of its Greco-Romano-Renaissance rut.
- Before the IAU assumed responsibility for astronomical nomenclature, only twenty-five satellites had been given names that were in wide use and are still used.
- The International Astronomical Union, or IAU, which is the body responsible for resolving issues of astronomical nomenclature, recently resolved the matter by demoting Pluto to the status of " dwarf planet ."
- Located within the globular cluster Messier 13, the Lagrange system is a binary star system consisting of a blue-green star called Lagrange I and a red star called Lagrange II . ( In standard astronomical nomenclature, the two stars would be called Lagrange A and Lagrange B .)
- It's difficult to find astronomical nomenclature in a sentence. 用astronomical nomenclature造句挺难的