- Bronopol was invented by The Boots Company PLC in the early 1960s and first applications were as a preservative for pharmaceuticals.
- The use of bronopol in personal care products ( cosmetics, toiletries ) has declined since the late 1980s due to the potential formation of nitrosamines.
- Manufacturers of personal care products are therefore instructed by regulatory authorities to'avoid the formation of nitrosamines'which might mean removing amines or amides from the formulation, removing Bronopol from a formulation, or using nitrosamine inhibitors.
- Stardrops cleaner : Sodium dodecylbenzene sulphonate, Alkyl ether sulphate, Alcohols C9-11, ethoxylated Bitrex ( Denatonium benzoate ) solution, Bronopol ( 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1, 3-diol ).
- Owing to its low mammalian toxicity ( at in-use levels ) and high activity against bacteria ( especially the troublesome Gram-negative species ), bronopol became popular as a preservative in many consumer products such as shampoos and cosmetics.
- It's difficult to find bronopol in a sentence. 用bronopol造句挺难的
- While Bronopol is not in itself a nitrosating agent, under conditions where it decomposes " ( alkaline solution and / or elevated temperatures ) " it can liberate nitrite and low levels of formaldehyde and these decomposition products can react with any contaminant secondary amines or amides in a personal care formulation to produce significant levels of nitrosamines ( due to the toxicity of these substances, the term'significant'means levels as low as 10s of parts per billion ).