- Maddux is primarily known for his work in relation algebras and cylindric algebras, and as the inventor of relational bases.
- Stronger logics, such as first-order logic and higher-order logic, are studied using more complicated algebraic structures such as cylindric algebras.
- In the late 1940s, Tarski and his students devised cylindric algebras, which are to first-order logic what the two-element Boolean algebra is to classical sentential logic.
- Cylindric algebras have been generalized to the case of many-sorted logic ( Caleiro and Gon鏰lves 2006 ), which allows for a better modeling of the duality between first-order formulas and terms.
- It's difficult to find cylindric algebra in a sentence. 用cylindric algebra造句挺难的