- Perlecan has an important role in the maintenance of the glomerular filtration barrier.
- Mesangial cells also have phagocytic activity, removing proteins and other molecules trapped in the glomerular basement membrane or filtration barrier.
- The renal corpuscle filtration barrier is composed of : the fenestrated endothelium of glomerular capillaries, the fused basal lamina of endothelial cells and podocytes, and the filtration slits of the podocytes.
- The effects of mutations in the constituents of the glomerular basement membrane suggest that it plays a role in the permeability and selectivity of the filtration barrier to large molecules, such as albumin.
- For example, in the kidney, integrins are now known to be critical in maintaining the kidney filtration barrier thus preventing loss of blood and proteins in the urine, and also mediate the respiratory distress observed in kidney failure patients when hemodialyzed using cuprophane membranes.
- It's difficult to find filtration barrier in a sentence. 用filtration barrier造句挺难的