- Ground hornbills are large, with adults around a metre tall.
- Their diet has some overlap with that of the southern ground hornbill.
- Female southern ground hornbills are smaller and have violet-blue skin on their throats.
- The zoo was the first in North America to successfully breed Leadbeater s ground hornbills.
- The southern ground hornbill is a vulnerable species, mainly confined to national reserves and national parks.
- It's difficult to find ground hornbill in a sentence. 用ground hornbill造句挺难的
- In the ground hornbills the females are partially sealed in using a mixture of mud and vegetation.
- In North America captive Abyssinian ground hornbills have also been known to die because of West Nile Virus.
- Want to see a cichlid fish, an aardvark or meet Charlie, the ground hornbill and camp mascot?
- Ground hornbills are believed to reach maturity at six to seven years, but very few breed at this age.
- Nile crocodiles, warthogs, and Stanley cranes mixed with Leadbeater's ground hornbills are the first animals guests encounter.
- Temminck's coursers and ground hornbills may also be seen in this habitat, as will a number of swallows.
- Recent genetic data show that ground hornbills and " Bycanistes " form a clade outside the rest of the hornbill lineage.
- In other hornbills the nesting female moult their all flight feathers at once but this is not the case in the ground hornbills.
- Abyssinian ground hornbills invest a lot in their offspring and the fledged juveniles will remain with their parents for up to three years.
- Nests are almost always deep hollows in very old trees, though there exist reports ground hornbills have on occasions nested on rock faces.