- Whispering gallery waves are more efficiently guided in spheres than in cylinders because the effects of acoustic diffraction ( lateral wave spreading ) are then completely compensated.
- One of the limitation of TOFD is the " dead zone'created by the lateral wave signal just below the inspection surface ( or OD surface in case of the pipe ).
- Most snakes move using lateral undulation where a lateral wave travels down the snake's body in the opposite direction to the snake's motion and pushes the snake off irregularities in the ground.
- There has been speculation that, because deep below Amber House are separate beds of shale and sand, these strata have acted like a naturally occurring analogue of the short periodicity lateral waves at Amber House during earthquakes.
- It's difficult to find lateral wave in a sentence. 用lateral wave造句挺难的