- Megillus seduces Leaena, who feels that the experience is too disgusting to describe in detail.
- Therefore, the brass lioness statue at the entrance to the Acropolis was without a tongue : " And Leaena also has a splendid reward for her self-control.
- Richard A . Proctor gave the constellation the name " Leaena " " the Lioness " in 1870, explaining that he sought to shorten the constellation names to make them more manageable on celestial charts.
- Her friend Leaena comments that " They say there are women like that in Lesbos, with faces like men, and unwilling to consort with men, but only with women, as though they themselves were men ".
- Athenaeus ( who believed Leaina's lover was Harmodius ) says : " There was also a courtesan named Leaena, whose name is very celebrated, and she was the mistress of Harmodius, who slew the tyrant.
- It's difficult to find leaena in a sentence. 用leaena造句挺难的
- According to Acropolis in her memory : " When Hipparchus died, Hippias tortured Leaena to death, because he knew she was the mistress of Aristogeiton, and therefore could not possibly, he held, be in ignorance of the plot.
- And the Athenians caused a bronze lioness without a tongue to be made and set up in the gates of the Acropolis, representing by the spirited courage of the animal Leaena's invincible character, and by its tonguelessness her power of silence in keeping a holy secret ."
- According to Jerome, Leaina rose to the occasion even further; to preserve her silence, and to frustrate her torturers, she bit her tongue off, and so died : " Harmodius and Aristogiton killed the tyrant Hipparchus, and the courtesan Leaena their friend, when compelled with torments, lest she betray her companions, she amputated her tongue with her teeth ."