- In 1963 Maarten Schmidt found a visible companion to 3C 273.
- The first Kavli Prize for astrophysics was awarded to Maarten Schmidt and Donald Lynden-Bell.
- In astronomy, Maarten Schmidt pioneered the research of quasars.
- This discovery by Maarten Schmidt in 1967 was early strong evidence against the accretion ).
- Greenstein, along with Maarten Schmidt, also of Caltech, showed that quasars could not be diffuse galaxy-size objects, but are much more compact.
- It's difficult to find maarten schmidt in a sentence. 用maarten schmidt造句挺难的
- Kristian's observations provided the first observational support for the theory, first advanced by quasar co-discoverer Maarten Schmidt, that quasars were located at the center of extremely distant galaxies.
- The findings were reported in the July issue of the Astronomical Journal by Dr . Maarten Schmidt of the California Institute of Technology, Dr . Donald P . Schneider of Pennsylvania State University and Dr . James E . Gunn of Princeton University.
- Greenstein's paper was written with Dr . Maarten Schmidt of the California Institute of Technology, who had discovered that quasars were billions of light-years away, and therefore ( because they appear so bright ) burning with the energy of hundreds of billions of suns.